Friday, March 13, 2009

scenester

its been a long time coming, but I am bored. I need out of the house. and I need to pay closer attention to a much loved/missed part of my life. jesus, I havent been to more than a couple hows since moving to calgreasey .. I guess I have been teetering on the poverty line, and I DO like to eat, pay rent and talk on my cellphone. therefore, the music scene has come to sit in a sad, but understanding second place.
this month, for sure, things will be different! I vow to change.

BA JOHNSTON !!! march 20th @ the palomino
the pride of hamilton will be at the palomino, and I will be there too. maybe not as shirtless and fat, but definitely just as enthusiastic. perhaps we will share some delicious bacon wrapped corn on the cob. perhaps I will be accidently sprayed with a snot rocket. regardless, its always magical when BA is in town.

SPIKE AND CAITLIN FROM DEGRASSI DJ SET !!! march 21st @ broken city
is it ridiculous I couldnt find an appropriate picture for this? anyways, apparently spike (the teenage mother) and caitlin (the one with epilepsy) are DJs. here are my expectations...
none. I have none. this will probably suck but Im gonna bet its cheap or free. and if I am in the mood, maybe I will dress up like joey j and try to get to second base with caitlin all night. who wants to be my wheels and snake?

WEDNESDAY NIGHT HEROES !!! march 27th @ the stetson
you will be able to find me for certain doing the following three things at this show: 1) battling around up front singing along 2) drinking cheap bottles of beer 3) singing along and drinking cheap bottles of beer. I love the heroes. this will be a sweet show, end of story.

THE JOLTS !!! april 17th @I dunno for sure...
I have been visiting their www.myspace.com/thejolts and I like it. I like it a lot. I also may really like that this means I get to hang out with jeri. so, for me this night will be a win-win. but seriously! check them out!


this evening will be featuring saMAN ronson, at flames central. and wow, I am paying $25. thats $25 more than I would be willing to pay to spit in her face... but Im doin it. full review tomorrow. and possibly a play-by-play of any saMAN vs. lohan bickering/snuggling/coke snorting/slutting around! pending of course, on her even being there. my guess is we will be, I hate to use the term "lucky" enough if saMAN doesnt butcher the speakers with crap DJing, or even manages to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment