Monday, April 13, 2009

please play again, sucker

I dont even like tim hortons coffee, but its (still) ROLL UP THE RIM time. and I suffer from a number of annoying symptoms of said time.

annoying symptoms like, going out of my way to drink a tim hortons coffee as often as the change in my pocket, and relative position to one allows. thus leading directly in to the following symptom of not actually enjoying the coffee I just spent $1.35 on. I mean its a buck, right? WRONG. its a waste, and I am lured in to a false sense of 'okay-ness' about spending what is now likely near the $30 mark on shitty, fucking shitty coffee in hopes of winning a vehicle? please. so now, I am a firstly LAME, more poor, sucker for willingly giving myself gut-rot on bad coffee I have convinced myself I am going to strike gold with. awesome.

either the marketing for this campaign is gettin' real good.
or I am getting more desperate.

I have won a "hot beverage". and I have yet to redeem my prize. this gives me the strength I need to get through this season of empty, rim rolling dreams.

ps. if I ever call tim hortons "timmy ho's", I will give the first person to stick my head in an industrial sized coffee grinder, my free hot beverage. redeemable until may 24th, 2009, bitches.

1 comment:

  1. Cait, you are proof positive that marketing works (I'm happy to say, given that it's the industry that provides me with gainful employment).

    On another note, did you know that Uncle Jack and Marnie won a car with Tim's roll-up-the-rim years ago? Maybe they've sucked up all the family luck.

    In any case, I love, love, love your writing. Keep it up!

    Your cousin, Angela

    ReplyDelete